I’ve gotta say – it’s difficult and tricky to make and upload your sound to TikTok due to the limited customization power.
The truth is: Sound is the lifeblood of videos on Tiktok. It also has the potentials to make your content viral and increase your followers tremendously.
Custom sounds like your music, funny voice, sound effects, voiceovers, and lots more…
In today’s guide, I will show how to make and upload your sound to Tiktok.
And as a bonus tip, I will also lay out tips for recording interesting and crisps sounds.
Let’s get down to it.
3 Ways To Make & Upload Your Own Sound To TikTok
Now, before I move on, Tiktok discontinued the ability to upload custom sounds to Tiktok’s library due to copyright issues and infringements.
More so, you can also distribute your sound to the TikTok library through distribution platforms like Tunecore, Distrokid, etc…
Nevertheless, I will show you ways around it.
There are basically two methods to make your own customs sounds, they are:
- Method 1. Recording directly on the TikTok App
- Method 2. Using Third-party apps
Whichever one you choose is good.
However, I will show you the two methods plus their pros and cons.
Method 1. Recording Directly on TikTok
The Tiktok app allows you to record and edit directly on the app without hassle. If you’re looking to add your music, voiceovers, or sound effects to your video then follow the steps below.
How To Make & Upload Your Own Sound To Tiktok
1. Open your music player and play any song of your choice.
2. Open the TikTok App and tap the plus icon at the bottom center of the screen.
3. Tap the red color button to record your video or better still, tap the upload button to upload any video from your gallery.
4. Tap Next if you’re happy with the outcome of the recording.
5. Tap the Voiceovers option on the upper-right side of the screen. Also, you can tap the sound button to add a sound if you want.
6. Tap Save in the upper-right corner and continue adding any extra edits or effects.
7. After you’re done with it, go ahead and publish your video.
Pros Of Method 1:
- Easy to use interface
- Rich music and sounds
- Saves time
Cons Of Method 1:
- Limited customization power
- Clustered icons and buttons
That out of the way, let get on to…
Just In: How To Trim A Video On Tiktok
Method 2. Using Third-party apps
In general, using third-party apps to edit your videos will give you full customization power.
Follow the steps below to thrill your audience with interesting videos.
For the sake of ease, we will be considering two powerful video editing software for any kind of editing.
The first on the list is:
1. Inshot (Android & iOS)
Hopefully, you’ve heard of Inshot, but if you haven’t. Inshot is the most popular mobile video editing software for Instagram, TikTok, and Snapchat, etc
Within Inshot, you can add original music, cut or trim video clips. It also allows you to choose a spectrum of Gifs to make your videos more engaging.
Follow the steps below to add your sound to Tiktok using the Inshot video editor.
How To Make & Upload Your Own Sound To Tiktok (Using Inshot)
1. Open your Play Store or App Store for iOS and Android users respectively.
2. Install & Open Inshot
3. Select the Video option
4. Select the prerecorded video then tap the green checkmark. Note that you can film on Inshot.
5. To add music, voiceovers, or effects to your video, tap the Music icon
6. Tap Tracks, Effects, or Records depending on your preference.
7. After you’ve added your preferred sound, tap the Purple track to trim the audio to your satisfaction.
8. Then select Edit, then move the left marker to where you want the sound to start or the left marker to where you want it to stop. Then tap the checkmark to save.
9. You can mute the original video by taping it and reducing the volume to Zero
10. Preview your video by tapping the Play button.
11. If you’re happy with everything tap the checkmark.
12. Tap the Share button at the top-right corner, then tap Save.
Congratulations! you can upload it to Tiktok.
- Streamlined editing interface
- Add any sound of your choice
- Intrusive Ads
- Videos are watermarked
Now, let take a look at another third-party app
2. VSDC Video Editor (For PC Users)
In my quest to look for free video editing software without a watermark, I stumbled on VSDC.
At first, I commonized the software because it seemed basic and generic. After, using it, I fell in love with it. It’s been over two years since I started using it. I know you’ll like it too.
How To Make & Upload Your Own Sound To Tiktok (Using VSDC)
Step 1: Download VSDC Video Editor
First thing first, you need to click here to download, install and launch the app on your PC. Not to worry, it’s streamlined!
Step 2: Cancel the interface
If you’re using the free version of VSDC, then always cancel the interface by clicking on it.
Step 3: Create a New Project
In other to get started with editing, you need to create a new project.
Step 4: Select the resolution
Aspect ratio is the official video resolution for Tiktok. So, the aspect ratio for Tiktok is usually 9:16 and the resolution is 1080 x 1920.
Therefore, you need to change the Device to Free Configuration, the change Width to 1080, and Height to 1920.
Change the framerate to 25fps. Next, click on Blank Project and Finish
Step 5: Start Editing
Drag and drop your video clip into the timeline.
Step 6: Mute the Video (optional)
If you want to add your music, sound effect, or voiceovers, then you have to mute the audio.
To do this, click on the video, using the right-sidebar, scroll to the bottom, then change Track1 to Don’t Use The Audio
Step 7: Add your sound
To add your sound, drag and drop your preferred sound to the timeline. Ensure you adjust it to where you want it to start playing from.
Step 8: Preview
Preview your work by tap the Space Bar on your keyboard.
Step 9: Export Video
If you’re happy with the final result, it’s time to export the video. To do this, first click on Export Project, next select Web, next select To MP4.
Step 10: Save Video
Click on Export Project, then click on Continue and it will be downloaded into your computer.
You can now share it with Tiktok and get huge engagements.
Tips For Making Viral Sounds On TikTok
As promised, I will unleash some really powerful tips to make your original sounds.
If you’re a Tiktok influencer, musician, or social media content creator, you’ll find these tips handy. Especially if you don’t have a fat budget to spend on Audio Mixers and microphones.
So if you want to have crisps voiceovers and sound effects on your video using your smartphone phone, follow the steps below.
- Arrange your duvet or bedspread in circular form like a car tire. Ensure there’s a hole in the middle.
- Now, place your phone inside the hole and record the audio. I highly recommend a quiet environment or at night.
- When you’re done, download and install Audacity software.
- Watch the video below to treat and enhance your audio professionally.
With that, you should have a wowing experience.
Wrapping Up – How To Make & Upload Your Own Sound To Tiktok
That is a long read!! I would really want to see your finished work. Drop a comment below.
Over to you:
Which of the methods are you going to use and why? Leave a comment below right now.