In this article, I will walk you through everything you need to know about Nathaniel Bassey’s Biography. Most of his songs like You are god all by yourself, Onise iyanu mp3 free download and much more, so, stick around!
Plus easy to read sub tittles for an amazing experience.
With that said, let’s get started.
Nathaniel Bassey Biography Video(2021)
What is Nathaniel Bassey Net Worth?
Nathaniel Bassey’s estimated net worth stands around $500,000 making him one of the richest gospel musicians in Nigerian in 2019.
Nathaniel Bassey’s Biography?
Nathaniel Bassey is a prominent Nigerian gospel artiste, instrumentalist, and worshipper. He is currently 42 years of age and born on the 27th of August 1978. He is popularly known for his wide travelled hit songs Imela, Onise Iyanu, Olowogboro, to mention but a few.
He hails from Ikot Ofon Ikono, Uyo Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State, and South-south Nigeria. His father, Mr. E Joshua Bassey was a minister in Apostolic Church Bashua Assembly and from an early age he developed a deep enthusiasm for both music and the gospel at large.
Musical Background Of Nathaniel Bassey?
Bassey in his early years was inspired to do music when he saw DR. Panam Percy, a prominent Nigeria gospel Music legend during a concert over twenty years ago, and ever since, his passion for music has grown gigantically translating to varying musical experiences.
In the quest of manifesting his enthusiasm, he began listening, imitating, and playing to prominent musical artiste songs like Louis Armstrong, Miles Davies, Clifford Brown, Charlie Parker, Stan Getz, and Kirk Whalum, Phil Driscoll, Hugh Masakela, and other Jazz luminaries.
As years thrust by, and pages of decades flip, Nathaniel’s unquantifiable enthusiasm for jazz finally propelled him to the limelight, when an artiste par excellence approached him to lead the first Jazz orchestra in the country,
Elder Steve Rhodes, under the organizational name, Steve Rhodes Orchestra.
Some prominent and highly respected Nigerian and foreign musicians picked profound interest in his ambitious style of playing the trumpet, Teemac, Ayo Bankole Jr, Cobhams Asuquo, Wole Oni, Yinka Davies, Adlan Cruise, Funsho Ogundipe, Peter King, Sotiris Papadopoulos, Paul Peterson, The French Cultural Centre, American International School and other organizations to mention but a few.
As months whiz like the wind, the influence of God’s person gradually overpowered him and the streams of worship engulf his mind, body, and soul. He surfed for mentorship and guidance from Late Pastor Eskor Mfon, a former Pastor of The Redeemed Christian Church of God, City of David Parish. This decision by Nathaniel attracted multifaceted criticism from friends, artiste, and colleagues. They thought he abandoned his career to serving exclusively at a local church.
In furtherance of his passion, he studied music at the prominent Middlesex University Summer School, United Kingdom, where he studied bushiness music and music. He writes, sings, produces, and plays keyboard and trumpet, he records varying genres of music.
Nathaniel’s debut album Elohim was recorded and mixed in Cape Town, South Africa in the year 2008. It’s a soul-stirring and artistic masterpiece, he titled it “Someone’s Knocking at the Door”. The soft-rock tune to date is making waves and generating a great level of interest locally and internationally.
Nathaniel Bassey took to his Facebook page to tell us………
Why I Chose The Trumpet?
After several questions by followers of the sensational gospel beacon that of why he choose trumpet seeing it doesn’t resonate with the Nigerian audience.
He however answered this question by posting this message on his Facebook fan page. He said:
What a powerful instrument! When blown under the anointing and with revelation, can wrath signs and wonders.
With due respect to every other instrument and instrumentalist, I think the trumpet is the most powerful instrument, after the human voice, (that is, apart from the voice of God) (lol).
11 Reason Why The Trumpet is Special
- It is the only musical instrument likened to the voice of God.
“…..and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a TRUMPET talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.” Revelation 4:1
- God ascends with the sound of the Trumpet “God has gone up with a shout, the LORD with the sound of a trumpet.”
check out Download: Oh Jesus//Mercy Chinwo (Lyrics And Video)
- Interestingly, the sound of the trumpet will usher the return of our LORD
“And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory. “And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.
- The dead shall rise at the sound of the trumpet
“In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.”1 Cor 15:52.
- The sound of the trumpet played a part in the fall of Jericho’s wall and still brings down walls of adversity even today.
“So the people shouted when the priests blew with the trumpets: and it came to pass when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, and the people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat, so that the people went up into the city, every man straight before him, and they took the city.”
- It is the musical instrument that announces Jubilee, freedom, gladness and reminds God of his covenant.
“Then shalt thou cause the trumpet of the jubilee to sound on the tenth day of the seventh month, in the Day of Atonement shall ye make the trumpet sound throughout all your land.”Lev 25:9
“Blow the trumpets in times of gladness, too, sounding them at your annual festivals and at the beginning of each month. And blow the trumpets over your burnt offerings and peace offerings. The trumpets will remind the LORD your God of his covenant with you. I am the LORD your God.”
- The trumpet is mentioned over 100 times in the bible, arguably more than any other musical instrument apart from the voice.
- The trumpet brings down the glory of God “…they lifted up their voice accompanied by trumpets and cymbals and instruments of music, and when they praised the LORD saying, “He indeed is good for His loving-kindness is everlasting,” then the house, the house of the LORD, was filled with a cloud, 14so that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud, for the glory of the LORD filled the house of God.”2 Chr 5:13-14
- The trumpet is used to communicate and announce spiritual information; calling a holy convocation or assembly, declaring judgment, war and seasons
“Make yourself two trumpets of silver, of hammered work you shall make them; and you shall use them for summoning the congregation and for having the camps set out.
3″When both are blown, all the congregation shall gather themselves to you at the doorway of the tent of meeting. “Yet if only one is blown, then the leaders, the heads of the divisions of Israel, shall assemble before you.…
“Blow a trumpet in Zion, Consecrate a fast, proclaim a solemn assembly, Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, Assemble the elders, Gather the children and the nursing infants. Let the bridegroom come out of his room And the bride out of her bridal chamber.…”
- It’s the instrument that the angels play “And the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.”
“And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.
- This one is amazing! GOD HIMSELF blows the trumpet. Wow!
“And the LORD shall be seen over them, and his arrow shall go forth as the lightning: and the Lord GOD shall blow the trumpet, and shall go with whirlwinds of the south.”Zechariah 9:14.
I think trumpeters would have a special stand in heaven, way different from other musicians (lol)
if you don’t have a trumpeter in your church or band, please accept my sympathy!
You are missing out on a lot of heavenly goodies.
To all my anointed trumpeters I say well done and keep up the good work. Remember, more than blowing the trumpet, we must be the trumpet that God blows through.
And to every musician in the kingdom, I say God bless you. Thanks for being a blessing to the body of Christ. But what a pity you are not a trumpet player ( loooool !)
Have a great week ahead!”
Nathaniel Bassey’s Nominations and Awards
Nathaniel Bassey won the City People Music Award for Gospel Artist of the Year at the AFRIMMA awards in 2017, Dallas, Texas, United States of America.
He has won several awards and is well recognized for his contributions to the Nigerian gospel music industry.
5 Facts About Nathaniel Bassey
- He is married to Sarah Bassey and they have two children; a son, David and a daughter, Zoe.
- In 2107 he kick-started the #HalleluyahChallange, a one-hour online praise and worship session to eulogies God. It attracts participants from around the world. CNN reports that about 68, 000 people joined the Instagram live stream and over 50,000 joined the Facebook live stream.
- He was ordained as a deacon of the redeemed Christian Church of God in August 2016.
- In 2018 Bassey was one of the leading artists in the world’s largest gospel concert annually held in Nigeria notably cited as The Experience.
- Degree holder in International Relations and Politics at the University Of Lagos.
Nathaniel Bassey’s songs are medium through which God is a blessing and changing lives for God. Accompanied by beautiful and God-fearing wife, Sarah Bassey, if you want to reach out to him go on Instagram and search for “Nathaniel Bassey”.
It’s super important to know if this was helpful? did I miss anything?