Osinachi Joseph (née Kalu popularly known by the stage name “Sinach”, is a Nigerian-born gospel music singer, songwriter, and senior worship leader at Christ Embassy.
Detailed Documentary of Sinach Biography
She is known globally for several gospels inspirational and spirit-filled songs which include, “Way Maker“, “I Know Who I Am”, “Great Are You Lord”, “Rejoice”, “He Did It Again”, “Precious Jesus”, “The Name of Jesus”, “This Is my Season”, “Awesome God”, “For This”, “I Stand Amazed”, “Simply Devoted” and “Jesus Is Alive In 2017.
She was inducted into the Bethlehem Hall of Fame, joining Dwayne Johnson, Pope Benedict XVI, and a host of other internationally recognized celebrities on the list.
On 7th March 2019, Sinach became the first Gospel singer from Nigeria to garner over 100 million views on a single music video on YouTube, and the third Nigerian to achieve that feat, next to Davido and Yemi Alade, who achieved the same feat in December 2018.
She achieved this with her song, “Way Maker”.
“Way Maker” has been covered by prominent foreign Christian artists such as Michael W. Smith, Leeland, Bethel Music, and Mandisa.
In September 2019, Sinach became the first Gospel Artist from Africa to tour India, headlining concerts with several thousand in attendance.
Indeed Sinach is a record-breaker. She’s an embodiment of grace and talent to do the unthinkable.
Sinach is one of the greatest singers and songwriters of Nigeria who has achieved numerous and unbreakable awards. Those all because of her day night hard efforts which made her life story very inspirational. Below are the major awards and achievements of Sinach in her career.
|Sinach Biography & Background Information|
|Birth Name:||Osinachi Kalu|
|Born:||30 March 1973 (age 48)|
|Birth Place:||Afikpo South, Ebonyi State, Nigeria|
|State Of Origin:||Ebonyi State|
|Spouse:||Mr. Joseph Egbu|
|University:||University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria|
|Occupation:||Singer • Songwriter|
Some Frequently Asked Questions About Sinach
The section below are some frequently asked questions and more importantly, debunking some rumors about her profiles.
Is Sinach Married To Pastor Chris?
No Sinach is not married to Pastor Chris. There’s has been so much drama and contradiction about her marital status.
Some say she’s married to Pastor Chris, while some say her promiscuity is the sole reason for Pastor Chris’ divorce from Anita.
Be careful with how you spread rumors and propaganda, especially about anointed and consecrated vessels of God because it comes with sharply undesirable repercussions.
Sinach is happily married to a popular Christ Embassy Love World, Pastor Joseph Egbu in 2014. He’s popularly cited as Pastor Joe.
Where Is Sinach From?
Sinach the legendary and multi awards winning female Nigerian Gospel singer/song composer hails from Ebonyi state, the eastern region of Nigeria (Giant of Africa) Western Africa.
When Was Sinach Born?
Sinach was born on 30th March 1973 in Lagos state (center of excellence) located here in Nigeria (Giant of Africa). During when this article was published she is 46 years of age.
How Many Children Does Sinach Have?
Sinach delivered of bouncing baby boy on Dec 22nd, 2019. Sinach Joseph and her Husband Pastor Joe have been married for 5 years of Childlessness until the heavens smiled on them with a baby boy.
Few people knew about it until her spiritual father, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome broke the news at his International Music Artiste Award in Lagos.
What Does Osinachi Mean?
Osinachi is an Igbo name meaning Comes from God.
Awards and Recognitions
- 2020 – Sinach Has Been Named Among Africa’s Most Influential Women.
- 2020 – Dove Awards Song of the year.
- 2019 – PulseNg named Sinach as their No.1 female artiste of the decade.
- 2019 – Africa Gospel Artist of the Year nominee at the Africa Gospel Award.
- 2019 – Nominated at the Africa Gospel Award for the Africa Gospel Worship Artist of the Year.
- 2019 – Loveworld International Music and Arts Songwriter Song of the Year.
- 2019 – Top 100 Influential Christians in Nigeria.
- 2017 – Best International Artiste of the year at the Sterling Gospel Music Awards.
- 2017 – Nigerian Entertainment Award for Inspirational Artist.
- 2016 – African Achievers’ Award for Global Excellence.
- 2016 – Groove Awards Western Africa Artist of the Year.
- 2016 – Loveworld International Music and Arts Songwriter of the Decade Award.
- 2008 – Song of the Year Award.
Albums of Sinach And The Year
- Chapter one – 2008
- I’m Blessed – 2010
- Shout it Loud – 2012
- From Glory to Glory – 2012
- Sinach at Christmas – 2013
- The Name of Jesus – 2014
- Way Maker – 2016
- There’s an Overflow – 2018
- Great God Live in London – 2019
- Acoustics Volume 1 – 2020
- Acoustics Volume 2 – 2020
- Great Lord – 2021
From her unbeatable record, I believe she still has outstanding performance and talents for you and me. Let’s keep our fingers crossed.
was this helpful? did I omit anything? tell me in the comment session.